Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Legacy

As 2014 draws to a close and we spend our third New Year's Eve eating Primal, I cannot help but think about how our journey began...

It was not an easy transition to make, because we faced many, many naysayers along the way. I am so thankful I didn't listen to those around me. On this journey, I watched us lose an unbelievable amount of weight (and keep it off!) by simply eating the cleanest, tastiest, most nutritious forms of real food, while never counting a calorie or spending countless hours on a treadmill. Within days of changing our diet, I watched my husband's eczema clear up and he will never have to spend another dollar on expensive creams or medications. I watched my own post-partum issues completely and naturally disappear within weeks of beginning primal ... and I can attest to the fact that I never had an ounce of post-partum depression with the birth of our third baby last December. Our seasonal allergies went away... no more daily allergy meds, nose sprays (which my husband was addicted to!), allergy shots... The aches and pains that we thought were normal, just disappeared.

My toddler had severe eczema that would constantly flare up and we had been prescribed expensive creams and medication to treat it. I opted to not use that and remove poor quality dairy from his diet... no more eczema! My teenage son was diagnosed with Tourette's years ago and we have always chosen not to use steroid or other medication treatments. Now, when he controls his diet and eats 100% primal, he does not have any signs of his tics at all. To me, that is one of the biggest blessings through this journey.

We effortlessly have control of our cholesterol, our blood pressure, our weight and our overall healthh. No one in my family has a need for any type of medication. I could, literally, go on and on about the benefits we have seen from simply changing our diet and what we put in our body.

THIS is our new "normal". We had so many people tell us how there is no way to maintain a lifestyle like this. Wrong. We had so many people tell us we need grains in our diet to stay healthy. So very wrong. Not only is this New Year's Eve, but today is also my 33rd birthday (my Daddy's little tax deduction!!). I can say, with confidence, I have never felt better in my life and I look forward to the years to come!

For me, I changed our lifestyle to make myself a better mom, a better wife, a better role model for those around me and to ensure that I am doing everything I can to be around to hear my grandchildren laugh one day. Isn't that what life is all about? On our death beds, will we reflect upon the pasta bowl or pizza we ate 20 years ago or will we look around at our loved ones and be overjoyed with the legacy we are leaving behind... Make 2015 your year of change.

No comments:

Post a Comment